The Parents’ Association was founded in the school year 2009/2010 by the school establishment. All parents whose children attend Kreativno Pero can participate in the Association. The main goal of this association is to create close relationships between the families, teachers and school. Engagement of the parents is voluntary and all activities are organized in collaboration with the students, teachers and administration.
Each year we organize four or more humanitarian activities that take place throughout the year.
- Mini-Book Fair and Clothes for Coins : In our effort to nurture empathy and humanity in our children, each year we invite students to donate their books and clothes that are used to collect money for humanitarian purposes. The spirit of selflessness is exhibited through the sheer amount of items children bring every year, that clearly shows their compassionate to support less privileged members of the community.
- We’re All Santa Claus humanitarian drive: In cooperation with the Parents’ Association, each year, parents and children gather gifts of clothes, sweets, books and toys, and distribute to children in hospitals, safehouses, social work centres and organisations providing care for children in jeopardy with students, parents and staff of Kreativno Pero. We have delivered over 1000 gifts to date.
- International Cuisine Day: Each year we celebrate culture in an event organized on our school premises and Villa Jelena in Belgrade. Designated event coordinators by the Parents’ Association, invite students and parents to prepare the best traditional recipes from their home country which includes Serbian, Indonesian, Italian, Russian, Austrian and Australian cuisine. Our Russian Cuisine Day was particularly notable for the presence of Madame Natalia Chepurina, the wife of the Russian Ambassador.
- Easter Auction: Easter holidays are an opportunity for humanity to be shown at work, so our students, kindergarten children, their parents, employees, and friends of the school all gather to bid for exquisitely handcrafted wooden and ostrich Easter eggs, hand-painted by the children themselves. All funds gathered during the auction are donated to humanitarian purposes.
- Sports Day: In cooperation with the Parents’ Association, children, parents and staff of Kreativno Pero. participates in Games without Limits, a fun day of throwing frisbees, tug-of-wars, relay races, horseback riding and swimming during excursions to places such as Avala, Kosutnjak, and Orasac, that enjoy ends in a day-long picnic and bonding.
- Summer-Greeting Bazaar : During our last event of the year, students exhibit their spirit of social entrepreneurship by using their creative talents to make handmade soaps, bathsalts, tinctures, herbaria, picture frames, ship and car models, and other forms of artistry to raise money for charities. Students take pride in displaying their creative talents but also in supporting the well being of others, which reinforces our values of recognizing children’s’ creative expression while contributing to a shared humanity.